Liszt Academy of Music Hall

The admission requirements at the National Hungarian Royal Academy of Music were published in the 17 October issue of Zenészeti Lapok. As the entrance examinations took longer than expected, the date of the opening ceremony was moved to 14 November 1875. The Academy of Music started operations with 5 professors and 38 students on 15 November at 4 Hal Square, on Floor 2. Liszt arrived in Pest on 15 February 1876 and started teaching on 2 March. The institute operated in the building in Hal Square for four years (the house was demolished during the construction of the Elizabeth Bridge), and in the Autumn of 1879 it moved to its new building on Sugár (now Andrássy) Avenue.  

Wesselnyi u. 52

Budapest

Hungary - Europe